F.L. Roberts highly values its customer relationships and we created this Statement to describe to you:
- the information we collect about you,
- how that information may be used,
- with whom it may be shared,
- how you may access the information you provide us,
- and your choices about such uses and disclosures.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In General. We collect personal information that can identify you such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information to F.L. Roberts, the information may be stored in databases located in the United States and other countries around the world.
Information You Provide. We may collect and store any personal information you provide to us including personally identifying information (such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address and telephone number), information about your vehicle, responses you voluntarily provide to surveys, and, if you purchase services from us, information about your payment method (such as valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information).
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other companies, business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include additional demographic information.
Information about Others. We may also collect and store personal information that you provide to us about another person (such as through the "Tell a Friend" feature of our website) including name and e-mail address.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer service and support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, text message, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, other companies or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our website;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated herein or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information shared. We may share all types of personal information with:
Authorized Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These service providers may include marketing and customer services firms, credit card payment processors, as well as companies that support contests, sweepstakes, surveys, or other features offered through our websites, or that provide business analysis or website support. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Other Business Partners. When you express interest in promotions or services offered through our service centers or marketing campaigns, we may share your expression of interest with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. For example, if you express interest in companies that sell GPS systems, we will provide your information to the companies you select. When you elect to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide your e-mail address and other information to the business providing that offer or program.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of F.L. Roberts, our customers, our employees, or others.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of a franchise, a merger or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Aggregated and Non-personal Information
We may share aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other customers collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) and other non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our websites and the most popular features or services accessed.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You can, of course, choose not to provide us with certain information. Please note, however, that certain information may be required in order for you to obtain services from a F.L. Roberts service center and/or participate in contests and promotions.
Federal and state regulations require that we store certain customer information for various periods of time. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information until these retention periods are met.
You will always be given a choice as to whether you want to receive postal mail, e-mail messages, newsletters, phone calls and any other type of communication from F.L. Roberts. At any time you may modify your choice by contacting F.L. Roberts at (413) 781-7444. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service updates or administrative notices without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (with your consent) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you will have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
Under our Do Not Call Policy you may instruct us not to call you for marketing purposes by calling F.L. Roberts at (413) 781-7444. We will implement your instructions within 30 days. Please note that we may still need to call you for servicing or other non-marketing purposes.
If you do not want us to send you postal mail for marketing purposes, you may remove your name from our mailing lists by contacting F.L. Roberts at (413) 781-7444.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and authorized third-party service providers are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business purposes. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your financial information and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
Although we take steps to secure your information, no data protection system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
- Children's Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
We will occasionally update this Statement to reflect changes in our practices and services. When we post changes to this Statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the Statement. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share personal information that may impact you, we will notify you by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you most recently provided us (unless we do not have such an e-mail address), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website and/or service centers. We recommend that you review a copy of this Statement each time you provide personal information at one of our service centers and/or websites to inform yourself of any changes.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Statement or our information-handling practices, or if you would like to request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please contact us by phone (413) 781-7444 or postal mail: F.L. Roberts & Company, 93 West Broad Street, Springfield, MA 01105.